The IFS Bahamas Blue Water Sailing Program was established in 1976. Our captains use the guidance of the wind and the interests of each group to direct their course. Our boats depart from Nassau to the most frequent destination, the Exuma chain, including the Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park and the Berry Islands. Qualified crews on each boat instruct and encourage learning through direct, hands-on participation in sailing and navigational responsibilities, island ecology, marine biology, and island exploration. Swimming, snorkeling, and other marine activities are an everyday part of life while on these live-aboard vessels.
- Boats depart from Nassau and sail to the Exuma Islands, unless otherwise requested.
- Trips last for 7 days and 6 nights.
- The minimum group size for one boat is 5 participants and the maximum group size is 7 participants.
- If your group has over 7 participants please contact the office about arranging a second boat.
- Activities include: sailing, swimming, snorkeling, and island exploration.
- All food is provided.
- An education intern from Forfar Station will accompany your trip to lead activities and lectures.
- Lecture topics covered: sailing, navigation, marine biology, and island ecology.
- Contact us for pricing details